Hub Press Center
New WRTA Transportation Hub Coming to Union Station
On April 3, 2012, the WRTA broke ground on a 14,000 square foot transportation hub to be housed at Union Station. This state-of-the-art facility will support, encourage, and promote connections between the various transportation modes at the station.
The new transfer hub will offer:
- An enclosed waiting area for riders
- Customer Service office
- Ticket vending machine
- Paratransit brokerage and eligibility services
- Administrative offices and conference room space
- Restroom facilities
- Eight bus slips
- New technology for riders to determine next bus arrival
CLICK HERE FOR AN UPDATE FROM THE WRTA ADMINISTRATOR
- Click here to view a photo gallery from the Groundbreaking Ceremony.
- Click here to view NECN’s video coverage of the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new WRTA Transportation Hub.