The WRTA strives to make continuous improvements to help our riders and improve the overall experience with our organization. Recently, we incorporated new technologies to make our services as efficient and user-friendly as possible. Below is a listing of those technologies that have been instituted or will be instituted in the near future.
- “Real Time” bus tracking capabilities allow dispatchers to let drivers know just how closely they are adhering to the route and schedule and to make adjustments as needed.
- Riders can track buses and get ‘next arrival times‘ along each route using their phones and computers.
- New fare boxes are connected with the existing Charlie Card system used by the MBTA.
- Ticket Vending Machines allow riders to purchase advance fare at a discounted rate using their Charlie Card.
- WRTA Mobile site provides easy access to routes and resources using a smart phone.
- Automated announcements make riders aware of upcoming stops along the route, and provide updates from the WRTA.
- The WRTA Transportation Hub will connect riders with various modes of transportation in one central location.