The WRTA incorporates new technologies to make our services as efficient and user-friendly as possible. Below is a listing of those technologies that have been instituted.
- “Real Time” bus tracking capabilities allow dispatchers to let drivers know just how closely they are adhering to the route and schedule and to make adjustments as needed.
- Riders can track buses and get ‘next arrival times‘ along each route using their phones and computers.
- The WRTA has a variety of Video Tutorials that will help you familiarize yourself with all of the ways you can use bus tracker to get better Transit Information.
- Are boxes are connected with the existing Charlie Card system used by the MBTA.
- Ticket Vending Machines allow riders to purchase advance fare at a discounted rate using their Charlie Card.
- WRTA Mobile site provides easy access to routes and resources using a smart phone.
- Automated announcements make riders aware of upcoming stops along the route, and provide updates from the WRTA.
- The WRTA Transportation Hub connects riders with various modes of transportation in one central location.