WRTA Notice to Beneficiaries
It is a Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) policy to operate all programs, services, and activities without discrimination. WRTA’s Title VI policy, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, assures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities it administers.
The WRTA prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation against its customers as outlined in its employee policies. Accordingly, the WRTA’s objectives are to:
- ensure that it provides transportation services in a nondiscriminatory manner across all federal and state protected categories, including race, color, and national origin (including limited English proficiency);
- identify and address Environmental Justice issues that affect minority and low-income populations;
- promote the public’s participation in transportation decision making, including through outreach to Title VI populations and other protected populations such as persons with disabilities, and
- Ensure the equitable distribution of benefits and burdens.
The WRTA’s Title VI program is an Authority-wide initiative. The WRTA Administrator, as WRTA’s Chief Executive Officer, has overall responsibility for carrying out the WRTA’s commitment to the Title VI program. The WRTA’s Customer Services Manager coordinates customer-transmitted complaint intake, assessment, routing/referral and process/progress monitoring. Appropriate training is provided to WRTA Administrative, Customer Service, Operations, and other employees. All WRTA employees and employees of its Operators share the responsibility of conducting all programs, services, and activities in a nondiscriminatory manner and addressing possible discrimination, if identified. The WRTA has developed a Title VI complaint procedure and complaint/complaint form that applies to Title VI and other customer civil rights complaints.
- Title VI Complaint Procedure
- Title VI Complaint Form (English) / (Spanish)
- Title VI Complaint Disclaimer Form
- WRTA Notice to Beneficiaries (Aviso sobre Derechos y Protecciones contra La Discriminación para Beneficiarios de la WRTA)
For more information on the WRTA’s Title VI Program, its complaint filing procedure, or for assistance in filing a complaint, you can:
- contact WRTA by telephone, (508) 791-9782 and select Option #2 when prompted, by email at email@example.com, or
- Visit our Customer Service Center at 60 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, or 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays.
Complainants may also file formal Title VI complaints with:
- Jonathan E. Church, Administrator/Title VI Coordinator
Worcester Regional Transit Authority
60 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)
One Ashburton Place, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
c/o Title VI Specialist
MassDOT, Office of Diversity and Civil Rights
10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Office of Civil Rights
Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20590