WRTA Policy Statement
Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Program
The Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) and its management companies, Regional Transit Authority Transit Services, Inc. (RTA) and PTM Brokerage Services, Inc. (PBSI), are fully committed to the concept of affirmative action in equal employment opportunity. It is, therefore, the policy of the WRTA, PBSI, and RTA that:
- WRTA/RTA/PBSI has a commitment to EEO for all persons, regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age or handicap.
- WRTA/RTA/PBSI has made a commitment to undertake affirmative action program, including goals and timetables, in order to overcome the effects of past discrimination on minorities and women;
- The responsibility for the implementation of the EEO program and therefore the EEO Officer is the Director of Risk Management and Administrative Services.
- All management personnel share in this responsibility and will be assigned specific tasks to assure compliance is achieved;
- All applicants and employees have the right to file complaints alleging discrimination with the EEO Officer;
- Performance by managers, supervisors, etc., will be evaluated on the success of the EEO program the same way as their performance on other agency’s goals;
- Successful achievement of EEO goals will provide benefits to the WRTA/RTA/PBSI through fuller utilization and development of previously underutilized human resources.
Stephen O’Neil, Administrator
Worcester Regional Transit Authority