ACCESSIBILITY AT THE WRTA
The WRTA Hub located adjacent to Worcester Union Station is the focal point of all WRTA service. It is a modern, accessible facility with curb cuts and detectable tactile warnings and a sheltered waiting area with lighting and benches. An indoor waiting area is also available. Audio and visual announcements are made regarding bus location and expected arrival times in both indoor and outdoor locations.
There are more than 50 buses in the fleet. Each bus has:
- a ramp to enter
- a kneeler which can lower the bus
- a securement area for wheelchairs and other mobility devices
- priority seating for people with disabilities
- electronic signage on the front, side and rear exterior
- a bicycle rack on the front exterior
- an interior stop request sign
- automated audio and visual stop announcements
WRTA ADA Complaint Procedures:
WRTA welcomes your compliments, complaints and suggestions. We use customer input as a tool to improve the quality of service. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of our riders. Please keep in mind that anonymous complaints cannot receive responses.
If you experience a problem please contact us as soon as possible by calling 508-791-9782 or Submit a request on our Customer Service Feedback Form. The sooner you let us know about a problem, the easier it is for us to research what may have occurred and to for us to respond back to you quickly.
When filing a complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address and a contact number
- Date and time the incident occurred
- Details of the incident and bus/van number
WRTA Staff will process all complaints and provide you with a complaint tracking number. All complaints will be investigated within 3-5 business days, with customer follow-up within 7-10 days.
WRTA’s ADA Complaint Officer:
ADA Complaint Officer
60 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
WRTA website has:
- A trip planning & bus tracking feature. Learn more at WRTA Bus Tracker
- A Customer Customer Service Feedback Form
Modifications to Policies and Procedures:
Every attempt will be made to fill requests for reasonable modifications of WRTA Policies and Procedures to ensure service accessibility. Submit a request on our Customer Service Feedback Form.
Requests for Information in Alternate Formats:
Schedules, timetables, and public meeting materials are available in alternate formats upon request. Call 508-791-9782 or Submit a request on our Customer Service Feedback Form.
- WRTA provides Travel Training free of charge for all members of the public.
- Service animals are allowed on all WRTA vehicles and property.
- Fare is paid with cash or using a prepaid Charlie Card or ticket which can be purchased at the customer service window or by using the Ticket Vending Machine. More information about using the Ticket Vending Machine.
- WRTA staff has partnered with organizations to provide interpreter and translation services for riders with limited English proficiency. In addition, drivers carry language brochures to refer passengers to these services.