Fixed Route Service Maps and Service Overview
There are a variety of ways to plan your trip using the WRTA!
- The Bustracker Real-Time Map provides up to the minute location of all buses, by route, along with their arrival times.
- NEW! Our real-time map now features a destination finder!
- **Please note effective 9-22-18 the bus no longer services Hospital Drive.
- Our Interactive System Map provides a view of the entire WRTA Fixed-Route system map on a single page.
- **Please not effective 9-22-18 the bus no longer services Hospital Drive.
- Route Maps are available for each of the WRTA’s 28 Fixed Route Services
- A list of Points of Interest include routes servicing hospitals, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment and more!
- Google Maps will now show you how to navigate Worcester using WRTA Bus Service. Make sure to highlight the bus icon in your search.
Fixed Route Service Overview
The WRTA provides transportation in Worcester and 13 surrounding communities with regular fixed route bus service and paratransit service to seniors and people with disabilities who live in the 37 communities that comprise the WRTA’s overall service area.
Within Worcester and its service communities, the WRTA picks up and drops off passengers at designated bus stops marked with the WRTA logo. Many stops are equipped to provide real-time arrival information via the Bustracker Information System using a mobile phone. In outlying areas where stops are not marked, buses can be waved down, but only if it is safe to stop at that location.
Downtown Worcester and Central Business District
North Worcester and W. Boylston
Major trip generators in this area include Quinsigamond Community College, W. Boylston Walmart, Salter College, Showcase Cinemas, Shore Drive Medical, Lincoln Plaza, Higgins Armory Museum and Greendale Mall. Click here for a full list of destinations and how to access them using the bus.
East Worcester and Shrewsbury
Major trip generators in this area include Fairlawn Plaza, White City Plaza, UMass Medical School, UMass Memorial and Hanneman Campuses, Worcester State Hospital, Adcare Hospital, Lincoln Plaza, Fallon Clinic, Great Brook Valley. Click here for a full list of destinations and how to access them using the bus.
South Worcester, Millbury, Auburn, Oxford, Webster Charlton, and Southbridge
The WRTA provides service to South Worcester via Routes 4, 19, 25, 27, & 42 . It also provides service to Millbury via Routes 4 & 22 , Auburn via Routes 25, 27, & 42 as well as Oxford and Webster via Route 42.
Major trip generators in this area include Southwest Commons, Broadmeadow Brook, The Shoppes at Blackstone Valley, Fair Plaza, College of the Holy Cross, Clark University, and the Auburn Mall. Click here for a full list of destinations and how to access them using the bus.
The WRTA is pleased to offer new service to Charlton & Southbridge via Route 29.
West Worcester, Leicester, Spencer, and Brookfields
Major trip generators in this area include Clark University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Becker College, Worcester State University, Family Health Center, the Worcester Art Museum, Webster Square Plaza, Leicester Wal-mart, and the Town Centers of Spencer, East Brookfield, and Brookfield.
Individual Route Maps