Changes with new schedules effective August 24th
Since Routes 1, 4, 5, 11, 14, 15, 16, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 29, 30, 31 & 42 will not service City Hall, the WRTA has implemented a FREE Union Station Hub and City Hall Shuttle from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm weekdays.
Summary of Changes effective Saturday, August 24th or Monday, August 26th:
- Route 2 will run solo on weekdays going from a 30 minute service to hourly. Route 2 will also provide service to Sunny Hill Drive and Airport on all trips, instead of Route 6 which will terminate at Tatnuck Square. Route 2 will also be interlined only with Route 1 on weekends.
- Route 5 will be interlined with Route 27 (including weekends).
- Routes 19 and 23 will be interlined via City Hall. Additional time added to all Route 19 trips with some Coppage Drive trips becoming “By Request” (bus will stop at Apricot St. and Goddard Memorial Drive).
- Route 33 will add time to Spencer trips and eliminate mid-day service to Brookfield.
- Route 26 has additional time on 11:00am–6:00pm trips. Some trips will end at the GBV Pool and serve Allegro only “By Request” on those trips.
- Routes 8 and 18 will provide service along Main St. North in both directions. Route 30 will provide service along Major Taylor Blvd.
- Route 11A (the extra) will now serve Fair Plaza directly and travel via Harding/Millbury Streets to/from Wal-Mart (No Vernon Hill service). Autumn Woods will only be served “By Request” on outbound routing.
- All Route 14 trips will now end at the Cinemas; there is no service to Holden.
- Route 23 reduced the number of Century Drive trips. Afternoon Century Drive trips will be the end of the line there.
- Route 24 trips providing service to Seabury Heights/Greenhill Towers will now be called Route 24A.
- Route 27 routing in Auburn will no longer serve Bryn Mawr Ave and Swanson Road; it will follow Auburn St., Southbridge St. and then enter the Auburn Mall.
- New cross town route, Route 12, will start initially only on weekends; provides service between Lincoln Plaza and Webster Square Plaza via Main St. (both North and South). Routes 8 & 18 will go down Main Street North on weekdays.