The WRTA Wants to Hear From You
The WRTA is considering a number of service changes to make your bus service more reliable in Worcester and the surrounding towns. The WRTA wants to hear directly from YOU, its customers, who are the backbone of the bus system! Your input will assist the WRTA in making the necessary changes to improve bus reliability and we invite you attend one of the public meetings scheduled for:
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 12:30pm and Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 5:30pm
in the WRTA Conference Room, Third Floor at the Union Station Hub
The proposed service changes would take effect on Saturday, August 24, 2013. The proposed changes to be discussed include:
- Route 2 – Will operate as a separate route; no longer connected with Route 5.
- Route 8 – Will be re-routed from Major Taylor Blvd to serve Main Street.
- Route 18 – Will be re-routed from Major Taylor Blvd to serve Main Street.
- Route 19 – Run times will be longer (from current 25 minutes each way to 30 minutes each way). Also, Route 19 will be reconnected with Route 23.
- Route 27 – Will be connected with Route 5 instead of Route 19. Also, routing will follow Auburn Street and Southbridge Street to Auburn Mall instead of Bryn Mawr Avenue and Swanson Road.
- Route 30 – Will be re-routed to Major Taylor Blvd. Service on Main Street will be replaced by Routes 8 and 18
- Route 33 – Run times on all trips to Spencer DPW will be extended to 50 minutes. Also, the mid-day Brookfield trip will be eliminated.
- Routes 1, 5, 15 and 16 – All inbound trips on these routes will use Franklin Street behind Union Station to access the Hub.
- The following routes will no longer serve City Hall: 1, 4, 5, 11, 14, 15, 16, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30 and 42. To replace these routes, a FREE continuous shuttle will operate from the Union Station Hub to City Hall, Main Street, MLK Jr. Blvd, Major Taylor Blvd, Foster Street and return to the Hub.
- The following routes will continue to directly serve City Hall: 2 (inbound), 3 (inbound), 6, 7, 8, 18, 19, 27, and 33.