WRTA Board Opening Announcement
Calling all riders! The WRTA is looking to fill an open Advisory Board position.
The WRTA Advisory Board currently has a vacant position. We are looking to fill the position for the “Rider Community Population” representative. This position must be appointed by your town/city. IF INTERESTED CONTACT YOUR TOWN MANGER OR BOARD OF SELECTMEN TO BE NOMINATED.
Please see below for a description of this position.
What you need to know about the “Rider Community Population”* representative:
- This is a volunteer, one-year term commitment
- This is a voting position
- This is a position for communities under WRTA fixed route services
- This is a position for someone who is a fixed route rider
- Attend the monthly WRTA Board Meetings – third (3rd) Thursday of every month at 8:30 a.m. now via GoToMeeting.
- Provide contact information to the board clerk – name, address, phone number and email to receive Board information. Upon request postal mail can be used.
- Submit a completed “Conflict of Interest Law” certificate when accepted to the position.
The position rotates throughout the town/city within the WRTA’s regional coverage area. The date of response will be the determining factor of order in consideration for which town/city appointee fills the vacancy. The other appointees will be listed by date received and placed in que for the following term. Please note: The ridership position cannot be filled by the same town/city that presently has appointed the disabled position.
If you have any questions regarding the “Rider Community Population” representative vacancy please contact WRTA Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-453-3400.
5) This representative must be a fixed route rider (not a COA participant for service) and be a resident in appointing community. *For more context on town/city compliance we have provided an address to the MA General Law that pertains to both our “Rider Community Population.” https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/partI/titlexxII/chapter161B/Section5