WRTA Notice to Beneficiaries
The WRTA hereby states its policy to uphold and assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related federal and state statutes and regulations. Title VI prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs and requires that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal assistance. Massachusetts law also prohibits discrimination based on race, color and/or national origin, and the WRTA assures compliance with these laws and related federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination based on sex, age, and/or disability. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against in violation of Title VI may file a complaint within 180 days with the WRTA Title VI/Nondiscrimination Program Coordinator.
The WRTA’s Title VI program is an Authority-wide initiative. The WRTA Administrator, as WRTA’s Chief Executive Officer, has overall responsibility for carrying out the WRTA’s commitment to the Title VI program. The WRTA’s Customer Services Manager coordinates customer-transmitted complaint intake, assessment, routing/referral and process/progress monitoring. Appropriate training is provided to WRTA Administrative, Customer Service, Operations, and other employees. All WRTA employees and employees of its Operators share the responsibility of conducting all programs, services, and activities in a nondiscriminatory manner and addressing possible discrimination, if identified. The WRTA has developed a Title VI complaint procedure and complaint/complaint form that applies to Title VI and other customer civil rights complaints.
- Title VI Complaint Procedure (View the Compliant Procedure English PDF) / (View the Compliant Procedure Spanish PDF) / (View the Compliant Procedure Vietnamese PDF)
- Title VI Complaint Form (View the Compliant Form English PDF) / (View the Compliant Form Spanish PDF) / (View the Compliant Form Vietnamese PDF)
- Title VI Complaint Disclaimer Form
- WRTA Notice to Beneficiaries (Aviso sobre Derechos y Protecciones contra La Discriminación para Beneficiarios de la WRTA)
For more information on the WRTA’s Title VI Program, its complaint filing procedure, or for assistance in filing a complaint, you can:
- contact WRTA by telephone, (508) 791-9782 and select Option #2 when prompted, by email at email@example.com, or
- Visit our Customer Service Center at 60 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, or 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays.
For information or to file a complaint under Title VI, the contacts are as follows:
Title VI/Nondiscrimination Program Coordinator
Worcester Regional Transit Authority
60 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01604
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)
One Ashburton Place, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
Federal Transit Administration
Office of Civil Rights
Attention: Complaint Team
East Building, 5th Floor – TCR
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590