WRTA Policy Statement
Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Program
The Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) and its management companies, Central Mass Transit Management, Inc. (CMTM) and Paratransit Brokerage Services Transit Management, Inc. (PBSTM), are fully committed to the concept of affirmative action in equal employment opportunity. It is, therefore, the policy of the WRTA, CMTM and PBSTM that:
• WRTA and its management companies, CMTM/PBSTM have a commitment to EEO for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
• WRTA and its management companies, CMTM and PBSTM, have made a commitment to undertake an affirmative action program, including goals, and timetables, in order to overcome the effects of past discrimination on minorities and women.
• The responsibility for the implementation of the EEO program and therefore the EEO Officer is the Director of Risk Management and Administrative Services.
• All management personnel share in this responsibility and will be assigned specific tasks to assure compliance is achieved.
• All applicants and employees have the right to file complaints alleging discrimination with the EEO Officer.
• Performance by Managers, Supervisors, etc. will be evaluated on the success of the EEO program the same way as their performance on other agency’s goals.
• Successful achievement of EEO goals will provide benefits to the WRTA and its management companies, CMTM and PBSTM through fuller utilization and development of previously underutilized human resources.
Dennis J. Lipka, Administrator
Worcester Regional Transit Authority